There are few dishes simpler and more versatile than one-pan recipes. Not only is cleanup a breeze, but dishes cooked with the one-pan method often deliver intensely flavorful results. This One-Pan Crispy Lemon Herb Chicken with Roasted Green Beans is no exception to the single-dish rule. Loaded with fresh herbs, citrus, and veggies, this recipe is bursting with flavor and is easy enough to prepare on weeknights making it the perfect chicken dish.
|4-5||Lbs chicken thighs, bone-in, and skin-on (roughly 8-10 thighs)|
|1/4||Cup olive oil|
|5||Garlic cloves, minced (roughly 1.5 tablespoons)|
|2||Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves|
|3||Tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped|
|2||Lemons, zest, and juice (roughly 4-5 tbsp juice)|
|2||Tablespoon olive oil|
|4||Teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2||Teaspoon black pepper|
|4||Red onions, sliced into wedges with the root end intact|
|24||oz green beans|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Zest the lemons and set it aside for garnish.
In a bowl, combine the garlic, thyme, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, arrange the red onion in a single layer.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and then smother it with the herb-garlic mixture. Make sure to pull up the chicken skin slightly to get the herbs and garlic underneath.
- Place the chicken on top of the veggies, stretching the skin out over each piece.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then remove it from the oven.
- Quickly add the green beans to the pan, stirring them into the onions to coat with oil. Return the pan to the oven.
- Roast for another 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy (165 F internal temperature).
- Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before topping with the lemon zest and remaining parsley and thyme.